Find & Replace It! 2.0.0 | Mac OSX | 25.6 Mb
& Replace It! is a high-end solution to find files and execute
search and replace operations across multiple files. It allows
performing very complex batch replacements inside text files of any
size. It supports regular expression syntax and dozens of encodings. It
has scripting capabilities which allow transforming on the fly the
replacement text for every found string. It even handles batch
processing of the encoding of files, as well as of types of
The list below describes some of the key features of Find & Replace It!:
Find and replace across many files at once
Execute multiple different replace operations (i.e. ability to run a sequence of several distinct replacements in one shot)
Supports regular expression syntax
Allows multi-line searching
Supports many text encodings, including Unicode (e.g. UTF-8)
Preserves line endings while processing files
Preserves BOM while processing Unicode files
Allows you to perform dynamic replacements based on found expression captures
built-in processing function for dynamic replacements (e.g. convert
captured expressions to lower case, Base64 encoding, Hex encoding, UTF-8
Displays matched expressions reports for file search/replace operations
Full featured dynamic preview of matched expressions and replacements
Provides tools for converting text encoding
Provides tools for converting line endings (Windows, Unix, Macintosh, Unicode)
Detects text encoding and line endings of files
advanced filtering options for selecting files that need to be
processed, including file name filters and file path exclusion filters
Allows you to load and save expressions to find, replacement definitions and file filters
Handles huge files (> 10 GB)
Regular expression editor / tester
Fully multi-threaded for fast processing and responsiveness
Allows you to cancel long operations
GUI is totally modular
Creates backup of changed files if required
Exports the search and replace reports
Cross-platform: Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
Here is a non-exhaustive list of supported platforms:
* Mac OS X Intel 64-bit only:
o Mac OS X 10.4
o Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard"
o Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard"
o Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion"
* Documented new features brought by this new major release.
* Add capability to process a list of distinct replacements in one shot.
* The encoding conversion tools are now accessible via a dedicated window.
* The preferences for backups and encoding are now accessible via a dedicated window.
* Better handling of current work in progress: better progress bars, more responsive UI, etc.
* Add option to automatically increment the name of every backups instead of overwriting them.
* Add tools for using ASCII sequences in the replacement text (carriage return, horizontal tab, line feed, etc.).
* Add new processes for transforming captured text: escape HTML entity, to percent encoding, from percent encoding.
* Emphasizes modified documents in the preview. Smarter detection of changes.
* Several UI improvements (some shortcuts have changed).
* Several minor fixes and enhancements.