TotalEdit Pro 2012 v5.6.4 | 10.21 Mb
Text editor for database developers.
text, code and databases quickly and easily with TotalEdit Pro. In
addition to the standard features that you get with other text &
code editors TotalEdit Pro is a database browsing and sql query tool so
you can perform all your text and code editing and database programming
from one tool.
With TotalEdit Pro you can edit many programming languages such as PHP, C, C++, Java, HTML, ASP, JSP, CSS, and more.
Folding allows easy navigation and code editing. The Code Folding
feature supports most programming languages including HTML, PHP , and
Powerful Search Tools
enable quick searches for a specific piece of text or search multiple
files and folders and list the results. Use FindInFiles to search for
text within the file system. Fully customizable, options are available
to use regular expressions, search subfolders, match case and much more.
Pro supports Unicode files. You can edit UTF-16 Unicode files and then
save to UTF-8 or vice versa. This is completely seamless; TotalEdit Pro
has advanced file detection to automatically identify the type of the
file being loaded.
Hex Editor, allows you to 'go low level' and
edit files in hexadecimal. Hex and decimal search and 'goto' features
are available to navigate files opened with the Hex Editor.
Code Compare: to identify where changes have been made between files. Quickly identify bugs and missed changes.
Code Backup feature keeps a total history of your saved files, allowing
you to recover any earlier version. Completely configurable; change the
location of the backups, automatically compare backup versions in 'Code
Compare' and select how many backups you want to keep.
TotalEdit Pro you can select and modify your data, copy and paste
results into any document and edit your queries using the professional
text editing features of TotalEdit.
Here are some key features of "TotalEdit Pro":
FTP & SSH Connectivity:
· Connect to any FTP, SSH and FTPS enabled server.
· Explore a remote server using the built-in browser.
· Connection manager enables you to save and edit your frequently used connections.
· Create new, upload and edit existing documents.
· Connect to any Microsoft OLEDB and ODBC supported database.
· Multi-tasking - Run many queries at the same time.
· Menu commands to manage database transactions.
· Navigate databases using the built-in explorer.
· Drag and drop database names from the explorer into your. query documents to speed your SQL development.
· Microsoft Excel styled results window.
· Built-in message window to receive database notifications.
· Visual features to improve notifications of queries and database results.
· Copy query results to clipboard.
· Sort result columns without needing to query database.
File Editing and Tools:
Unicode support. Edit both Unix and Microsoft Unicode formats also
known as Little-Endian and Big-Endian. There is also support for UTF-8
and you can explicity identify the script/chacterset to use. For example
when selecting a font you declare to include Hebrew or Arabic additions
· Broad range of cut, copy, insert, delete and paste functions to target individual text, lines, and append
· Menu commands to insert Date, Time, Current File Name and Current File Path.
· Language or code language specific document commenting
Switch between the desired line-endings and document encoding. The
editor support Windows, Unix and Mac line ending formats plus Standard,
ITF-8, UTF-16LE and UTF16-BE encoding types.
· Toggle a document
between text or hex view. The toggled Hex view represents how the text
control is storing the document. A dedicated Hex view is available to
view an exact snapshot of what data makes up the underlying file.
Built-in Tools & Explorers:
Add external tools and assign a menu item and keyboard shortcut to it.
Enhance with built-in commands to target tool output to a document or
dedicated window plus pass the active file path to it
· File Comparison. Compare two files to visually witness the differences between the two.
File comparison supports the following:
· Compare two different files
· Compare the active document with a different file
· Compare the last saved version with a different file
· Compare the active document with its last saved version
· Hex (Binary) Editor. Edit program and other types of file using the hex editor.
· Explorer Windows that aid the editing of any document including;
· Project Manager
Target any folder on your computer to gain quick and easy access to
your files. Multiple directories can be declared, which can be selected
to quickly view a different set of files. For example you can create a
different folder for each project and manage the files separately
· File System Explorer
· Open File List
· HTML and ASCII Lists to help with web page creation
· Find In Files
· Search all files on your computer for words and phrases from inside of TotalEdit Pro
· Tool Output
· Any output of an external tool configured to run inside of TotalEdit Pro can be sent to this window
· Code Function List Explorer
· Automatically scans programming files for its functions to aid with navigation through the active document
· If the function list is supported pressing Ctrl+Space will open an auto-complete list of functions to help with coding
· Database Explorer.
Connect to any number of databases and explorer their structure
including tables, procedures, views and indexes. The explorer is limited
by the permissions assigned to your database account and driver used.
The Project Management Explorer allows you to view a single directory
on your computer. You can organize, create, delete files and folders,
which is immediately reflected on your computer.
· Quickly switch between any number of folders setup in the project explorer.
· Use folders to aid with the organization of your files.
· Add and remove files from the Project Management Explorer
· Drag and drop any file or subfolder inside of the project explorer.
· Quickly open any file by double-clicking on it.
Customization & Configuration:
· Every built in function and command can be assigned a button on the application's toolbar.
· Show, Hide or minimize any docked window.
· Add or remove tabs assigned to each document.
· Change the orientation of the document tabs.
· Keyboard shortcuts.
· Toolbars and their buttons.
· Create your own toolbars.
· Add and remove any menu item.
· Switch between large and small toolbar buttons.
· Plug-in external tools and assign menu items and toolbar buttons to them.
· Control how tab characters should be added to your files. Either as Spaces or tab characters.
· Control how large a tab show be displayed in the editor.
· Highlight the line with the active cursor (caret) resides and configure its color and transparency.
· Configure the use of header, footer and line number during printing.
· Enable the remembering of files on close. Automatically open these file when TotalEdit starts.
· Edit the file extension in the open and save windows.
· Edit the colors used by the syntax highlighting.
· Select a default syntax coloring scheme.
· Select the default spell checker dictionary.
· Enable the resetting of the undo history on save.
· Enable file backing up.
· Change the window style and design of TotalEdit.
· Add a long line marker. For example identify where the 80th column is located.
Search & Replace:
· Search and replace using regular expressions.
Multiline search and replace. Search for text that is split across one
or more lines by using the ^n string to represent a line break
· Wrap around searches. Search the entire document regardless of where you start your query.
· Select between searching upward or downward through your document.
· Search the entire document or just a selection.
· Replace All. Change all found copies of your search text with a new value.
· Find and replace using regular expressions.
· Search of any value stored in all files found on your computer. Limit your search or specific folders or include everything.
· Quickly jump to the file and line of text found by Find-in-Files through the results window.
· Case sensitive searches.
· Bookmark all found results.
· Quickly navigate to last selected text through menu and toolbar buttons.
· Highlight all instances of the search value in the active document.
· Record all file editing tasks into Macros and save.
· View all saved macros and replay at any time.
· Assign shortcuts to any macro.
Printing & Preview:
· Full color print preview.
· Add header, footer and line numbers to printed output.
· Internet browser preview of text documents.
· Full color printing.
· Automatic line wrapping of any printed output.
Backup & Version Comparison:
Three different file backup modes including:
· On save do not back up the file.
Simple Backup: backup the last saved file and append the .bak extension
to it. The bak file is saved to the same folder. Advanced Backup:
Configure the number of versions that you would like to persist. For
example each time a file is saved the file on disk will be backed up to a
designated location. Afterward the active document can be compared with
any past saved version
· Advanced backup: Configure the number of backup version associated with a file.
· Advanced backup: Specify the location where backups are saved.
· Advanced backup: Configure the deletion of back files each time TotalEdit closes or by command.
· Advanced backup: Review document back history and compare with the active document.
· Menu commands;
· To change any document text by the following means
· Change text to upper and lower case
· Swap tabs for spaces and spaces for tabs
· Remove trailing spaces
· Swap selected lines
· Add and remove indentation
· Format with built-in HTML, XHTML and XML tidy. This is configurable
· Programmatically comment and uncomment text
· Text and column select.
· Word wrap.
· Configure syntax highlighting and switch between many syntax coloring styles.
· Highlight white space.
· Highlight line endings.
· Caret line to highlight current cursor position.
· Line numbering.
· Code folding and lines to highlight matching braces.
· Bolding of matching and non-matching braces to aid with programming.
· Horizontal rulers.
· Configurable font.
· Long line marker, which is configurable.
· Select a dictionary to check with through TotalEdit's Properties.
· Check an individual word, phrase or entire document.
· Add words to your own private dictionary for future use.
· Email the active document.
· Context menu integration with Windows File Explorer.
· Menu commands to open and close documents quickly.
· Color the tabs of files with the same extension.